- Latest News
- In January Ukrainian grains export made close to 3.7M tons
- Ukrainian eggs prices expectedly declined in January, export is weak
- In January 2017 Ukrainian sugar export made 65k tons
- In Y2016 Ukrainian industrial poultry production made almost 1M tons
- In Y2016 total grains harvest in Ukraine made 66M tons
- Ukrainian soybeans export since the start of current season made 1.25M tons
- Ukrainian sugar production season is finished
- Ukrainian poultry export in December declined to 15.8k tons
- Ukrainian crude steel output in December increased by 3.3%, production of steel pipes declined
- Winter crops planting in Ukraine is close to finish
17 July 2017
Ukraine keeps breaking new records in grains and oilseeds production ensuring its role as one of the global breadbaskets.
6 February 2017
During last years Ukrainian market of sunflower seeds and products of its processing is booming. Since Y2000 sunflower seeds production grew by more than four times, crushing capacities - by more than seven times, in Y2016 sunflower oil and meal accounted for about 12% of total Ukrainian export.
16 January 2017
In Y2016 Ukrainian export of sunflower oil and meal in money terms made almost USD 4.456bln, which is about 12% of total Ukrainian export. Growth vs. previous year was 17%.
1 November 2016
After relatively bad 2015/16 season, soybeans became popular crop among Ukrainian farmers again. Due to record-high yields and rather good world prices, profitability of soybeans growing increased.
13 September 2016
Ukrainian sugar industry has always been rather complicated market and a lot of its former players – including large agri-holdings like Kernel (5% market share in Y2012) and Ukrlandfarming (9% market share in Y2012) – being not able to operate efficiently decided to leave it.
22 February 2016
Poultry production has been one of the most dynamics industries in Ukraine. General increase of per capita meat consumption since Y2000, market consolidation (and increase of the share of industrial production in total volume), growth of poultry meat share in total domestic meat consumption (partially – because of faster (vs. other meat production) market consolidation and aggressive marketing campaigns of market leaders) and development of export led to significant growth of industrial production volumes. In Y2014 situation changed – sharp fall of purchasing power of Ukrainian population and stop of export into Russia led to production volumes stabilization.
01 February 2016
During last ten years average sown area of agricultural crops in Ukraine made close to 27-28 mln ha, thereof about 15 mln ha – grains&leguminous crops. Loss of Crimea and part of Donbass led to decrease of total area under crops by about 1.5 mln ha, so that in Y2015 sown area made 26.7 mln ha (grains – 14.6 mln ha).